St. Peter's Church, Blaxhall, built in the 14th century, is set within a hedged graveyard. It is a warm and welcoming village church, with the touch of local hands through the ages very much in evidence.
St. Peter's has recently been in need of some repairs to the exterior fabric. Details are available on display boards in the Church. The Parochial Church Council (PCC) has been fundraising so as to be able to undertake these repairs, which as of 26th August 2015 are complete. The PCC wishes to express its very sincere gratitude to all those individuals and organisations whose generous contributions made it possible to undertake these repairs.
From the beginning of 2015 we have been delighted to welcome the Rev Mandy Reynolds as the new Rector for the Alde River Benefice. We look forward to the future with her at the helm. Mandy's contact details are listed below.
All administrative enquiries should go to the Benefice Administrator, Ann Boulter (contact details below).
Our Churchwardens at Blaxhall are Robin Graham and Sue Cowling (contact details below).
- Blaxhall Community Coffee Morning. This monthly event will next be held at 10.30pm on Tuesday 6th October 2015, in the YHA Hostel, Blaxhall. All are welcome, whether Blaxhall residents or visitors. There is no charge but voluntary donations to the YHA Charity, which provides holidays for disadvantaged young people, are welcome.
- Harvest Festival, Harvest Lunch & Auction of Produce The Annual Harvest Festival Service is at 11.00am on Sunday 11th October, followed by the Harvest Lunch in the Village Hall and Auction of Produce, in aid of Farm Africa. Tickets for the lunch (£6) are available from Sheila Scopes on 01728 688178
Upcoming Services and Events 2015
- 4th October, 18th Sunday after Trinity, 9.30am Holy Communion(CW)
- 11th October, 19th Sunday after Trinity, 11.00 Harvest Festival Service
- 18th October, 20th Sunday after Trinity, 8.30am Holy Communion (BCP)
- 25th October, Last Sunday after Trinity, 9.30am Morning Prayer(CW)
- 1st November, All Saints Day, 9.30am Holy Communion(CW)
- Rector, Rev. Mandy Reynolds, 01728 602846
- Benefice Administrator, Ann Boulter, 01728 603180
- Robin Graham (Church Warden) 01728 602039
- Sue Cowling (Church Warden) 01728 689177
- Mike Cowling (Secy. Parochial Church Council) 01728 689177
Ebb and Flow
- Ebb and Flow is the (free) monthly newsletter of the River Alde Benefice, including Blaxhall. A copy of Ebb and Flow is delivered to every household in Blaxhall and spare copies are usually available in the Church porch.
- The electronic version may be found at www.ebbnflow.org.uk
- Anyone wishing to place a notice or advert in Ebb and Flow please email email@example.com or telephone Mike Cowling, 01728 689177
During Christmas 2003 (and over subsequent years) Philip Dunnett had the great idea of floodlighting the church, which made St Peter’s look comforting enough for me to creep around the graveyard in the dead of night taking photographs! Please click on the image for a high resolution version.
Simon Knott has included St Peter's on his Suffolk Churches website, and our place of worship also features on the Open Churches Trust site. Various facts, figures, dates, and old photos of the church can be found on our history pages and pictures taken from the tower can be found in the photograph section of the site
The greetings cards shown below are available for sale inside the church, with proceeds going towards church funds (no high-res versions of these - if you want one you’ll have to buy it!)