St. Peter's Church, Blaxhall, built in the 14th century, is set within a hedged graveyard. It is a warm and welcoming village church, with the touch of local hands through the ages very much in evidence.
St. Peter's was recently in need of some repairs to the exterior fabric. Details are available on display boards in the Church. The Parochial Church Council (PCC) initiated fundraising so as to be able to undertake these repairs, which were completed in August 2015. The PCC wishes to express its very sincere gratitude to all those individuals and organisations whose generous contributions made it possible to undertake these repairs.
From the beginning of 2015 we were delighted to welcome the Rev Mandy Reynolds as the new Rector for the Alde River Benefice. Unfortunately, Mandy resigned her role and left the Benefice during May 2016. The Alde River Benefice is now in a period of Interregnum whilst the processes to appoint a new Incumbent are progressed.
All administrative enquiries should go to the Benefice Administrator, Ann Boulter (contact details below).
Our Churchwarden at Blaxhall is Sue Cowling (contact details below).
- Blaxhall Community Coffee Morning. This monthly event will next be held at 10.30am on Tuesday 1st November 2016, in the YHA Hostel, Blaxhall. All are welcome, whether Blaxhall residents or visitors. There is no charge for the coffee morning but voluntary donations to the YHA Charity, which supports holidays for disadvantaged young people, are welcome.
Upcoming Services and Events 2016
- 23rd October, Last Sunday after Trinity, 9.30am, Praise and Worship (CW)
- 30th October, All Saints Day, 10.00am, Benefice Holy Communion (CW) Great Glemham
- 30th October, All Saints Day, 6.30pm, Choral Evensong Snape
- 6th November, Third Sunday before Advent, 10.00am, Benefice Holy Communion (CW) Benhall
- 13th November, Remembrance Sunday and Second Sunday before Advent, 10.45am, Joint Remembrance Sunday Service, Farnham
- 20th November, Christ the King and Sunday next before Advent, 8.30am, Benefice Holy Communion (CW), Great Glemham
- 20th November, Christ the King and Sunday next before Advent, 10.00am, Benefice Morning Praise, Great Glemham
- 27th November, Advent Sunday, 3.00pm, Christingle Service
- Benefice Administrator, Ann Boulter, 01728 831485
- Sue Cowling (Church Warden) 01728 689177
- Mike Cowling (Secy. Parochial Church Council) 01728 689177
Ebb and Flow
- Ebb and Flow is the (free) monthly newsletter of the River Alde Benefice, including Blaxhall. A copy of Ebb and Flow is delivered to every household in Blaxhall and spare copies are usually available in the Church porch.
- The electronic version may be found at www.ebbnflow.org.uk
Each year, from Advent Sunday until Candlemas the exterior of St Peter's Church is floodlit, which makes St Peter's look comforting - see photograph on the left. Please click on the image for a high resolution version.
Simon Knott has included St Peter's on his Suffolk Churches website, and our place of worship also features on the Open Churches Trust site. Various facts, figures, dates, and old photos of the church can be found on our history pages and pictures taken from the tower can be found in the photograph section of the site
The greetings cards shown below are available for sale inside the church, with proceeds going towards church funds (no high-res versions of these - if you want one you’ll have to buy it!)